Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Armed Security Officer - Flex
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Overnight
Applicants should have at least 5 years of prior military or law enforcement experience. A Physical Fitness Test will be required to pass prior to placement.
Looking for a stable company with great benefits and growth opportunities? We offer for FT positions, anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Must have 5 years of Military or Law Enforcement Experience
- Applicant will have to complete a MMPI-2 prior to placement
Allied Universal seeks applicants who love working with people. The ideal candidate for the Security Officer candidate will provide security for Lockheed Martin Facilities, staff, visitors, buildings and property through patrol of building and building perimeters, including parking lots, to prevent unauthorized visitors or property damage and to provide for general building security. Does work as required related to incident response, badging, control center operations, locksmith services, security escorts and site supervision.
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Department of Defense (DoD) Non-Cleared Security Officer.
An Allied Universal Professional Security Officer assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Professional Security Officers are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance. The Allied Universal Professional Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by Allied Universal, the client and the US Government (DoD). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
Allied Universal Professional Security Officers perform many tasks including preserving order and enforcing regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Officers may be required to patrol or respond to calls for service on the facility by foot, bicycle, or vehicle. Other duties required of a professional security officer include working at an entry control point to a facility and answering phones, greeting guests and assisting employees.
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Protect persons, assets and information
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Patrol the facility, internal and external
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Open/close, lock/unlock sensitive rooms and areas
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
- Conduct “person lookups” for rights and permissions to specific areas and rooms
- Correspond and interact with corporate security personnel regarding orders and execution
- Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
- Ability to write clear concise incident reports
- Understand proper radio protocol
- Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
- Be a leader and self-starter
- Have experience managing or leading a team of individuals
- Understand accountability and lead by example
This is a highly visible and trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the above requirements, please complete the position application.
If you do not qualify for this specific position, please feel free to complete an application with Allied Universal Services for another position.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.