The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (EDUCATION DEPARTMENT)
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS ACADEMY
Compensation Base: $12.02-12.64/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This entry level position implements the activities which support the daily schedule of the facility. In addition, this position observes and addresses client behavior and documents services in client files.
- Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Provides effective facility security including conducting headcounts, room checks, and observing client movement.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
- Facilitates and documents various groups or meetings.
- Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers. .
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations including evacuation, CPR, or first aid).
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree preferred. (Detention unit employees shall have an Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university.)
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.