Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teradyne is a global technology company delivering progressive solutions to complex testing challenges. Our customers are the world’s leading technology companies and they depend on us to get their products to market, fast. It is an exciting business and we are looking for talented people, who share our passion and drive.
At Teradyne , we offer opportunity for immediate impact. We dig into our work and encourage input from every team member, regardless of age, education or experience. This means you have a platform to be recognized, while defining your own career path. Teradyne is fueled by creativity and diversity of thought. Our employees are challenged to innovate and learn something new every day. We operate in a fast-paced, energetic environment that encourages continuous exploration and pushes individuals to reach further. Our team is excited to change the face of technology by following their passions for new ideas and strategies. Teradyne is a great place to develop expertise, build a career and challenge your imagination.
The duties of an Applications Engineer include:
- Create techniques for testing and characterizing leading edge electronic components (VLSI and AVLSI devices).
- Design analog and digital interfaces to implement switching, filtering, signal conversion, and other functions.
- Write and debug characterization/production test programs in C++/Visual Basic for mixed-signal, logic, power discrete and memory applications, using Teradyne platforms.
- Support and deliver customer demonstration programs and presentations.
- Reproduce/evaluate customer issues for software/hardware engineering to correct and provide interim solutions.
- Provide remote support to customer inquiries, questions, and basic problems, via hotline support.
- Participate in customer account teams and is expected to perform roles as the liaison between Teradyne and customer.
- Travel to customer locations to provide on-site consultation and support customer product acceptance. Total travel requirements may be 25% or greater.
- Write and present technical papers at internal/external Users Group meetings.
Regular Full Time
Position Subject to ITAR/ FOUO controls
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
- BSEET (B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology), BSEE (B.S. Electrical Engineering), B.S Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong hardware design skills (strong bases on AC-DC analysis, op amps, filters, DSP, DAC/ ADC, digital circuitry, Power Discrete, RF).
- Strong software (C++ and/or Visual Basic) development skills.
- Experience designing multilayer PCBs (DESIRABLE).
- 1 to 2 years of test/product engineering experience in IC component testing with experience in developing sophisticated/robust ATE Mixed Signal solutions or equivalent (DESIRABLE).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Team player and able to maintain professional decorum with peers and customers in a high energy and highly variable production/engineering environment.
- Ability to travel outside of Costa Rica, including the United States, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. This includes the ability to qualify for entry Visas into foreign countries. Total travel requirements may be 25% or greater.
- Excellent communication skills (oral/writing), including a strong command of Business English (B2+).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Check out this video to learn more about being part of the Teradyne team!
*** Teradyne is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, military service, pregnancy, political affiliation, union membership, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Relocation Available (Some relocation assistance has been approved for this role)
CRI - Heredia - Costa Rica
ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370- 3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance.
Teradyne is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.