Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Tech I in Triadelphia, WV at Tri-Seal
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Liners
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
Essential Job Duties:
- Following standard methods and techniques, inspects and tests product to ensure it meets customer and product specification, and alert production when standards are not met.
- Monitors manufacturing processes to assure process capability.
- Monitors product tracking methods (i.e. UPC, date stamps, etc.). Maintains customer samples.
- Puts questionable product on hold, organizes re-work if necessary, and inspects returned product.
- Inspects and/or approves printing inks or adhesive solutions for production per work order specification and schedule as required.
- Prepares routine reports – including gathering and summarizing data.
- Inspects and tests incoming supplies and raw materials.
- May assist in training of other production employees in quality assurance procedures and standards.
- May review overall SPC and data entry, may proof new printing plates, and may track and/or maintain label and ink or adhesive inventory and generate requisition for appropriate approval, depending upon specific Facility requirements.
- Knowledgeable of proper packaging specifications and acceptable quality for any given product.
- Continual monitoring of product quality being manufactured on the production floor.
- Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment. Participates in the GMP and HACCP programs.
- Promotes worker safety by:
- Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to associates.
- Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Participating actively on the plant-wide safety team.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations
- Participating in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management
- Participating in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Job Qualifications, Equipment and/or Experience:
- Previous quality assurance experience preferred.
- Ability to input and retrieve information on a computer. Prefer Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of equipment, instruments and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School graduate or equivalent GED certification with 18 months related work experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, procedures, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers to grip, feel, peel or control; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Eye protection is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes, chemicals or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and wearing hearing protection may be required.
The job duties, physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions where it does not cause undue hardship or safety risks to the company and/or the employee.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .