Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-WV-Eastern Panhandle
- Administrative Support Staff
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and clerical duties for the FCA field office; maintains computer updates; office file organization and retrieval systems; interfaces with ministry partners, vendors and FCA staff by email and telephone; maintains calendars, makes appointments and travel arrangements for assigned staff; prepares monthly expense reports; maintains documentation for local FCA checking account. Provides planning, coordination and support for FCA events in assigned area.
- Responsible for appointments/meetings with staff, ministry partners, vendors, etc.
- Handles travel arrangements for assigned staff
- Receives and screens telephone calls and emails for area office
- Retrieves, opens and distributes office mail
- Plans, organizes and completes assigned work in a timely manner
- Manages development of resources and meets deadlines of assigned projects
- Coordinates donor ministry events, banquets, staff meetings, etc.
- Is self-motivated; can work independently and has ability to multi-task
- Communicates clearly and concisely (both verbally and in writing)
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, aptitude for other programs as needed
- Understanding of principles, practices and procedures of modern office practices and equipment, including clerical methods, techniques and filing systems
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
- Correct English language usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Ability to type accurately from a clear copy at 50 words per minute is required
- Web support in managing and enhancing local web sites is preferred
- Agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith
- A clear understanding of the ministry of FCA (i.e. Vision, Mission, Values, Ministries, Ministry Distinctives and Fundamentals)
- Continue to grow as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and a servant leader for FCA
- Spend daily time in prayer and in the Word
- Model servant leadership
- Pursue Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence both privately and publicly
- Serve as a member of a local church
- Sharpen skills through continued learning
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations:
- Beliefs: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
- Christian Conduct Standards: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement.
- Distinctly Christian Activities: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as lead worship, bible study and conduct prayer services.
- Ministerial Duties: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. Also, FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation.