Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowshoe - Utility/Dishwasher
at Alterra Mountain Company
Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
This position is responsible for the following “job results”.
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Breaking down boxes
- Washing dishes
- Sorting silverware
- Making sure the dishes are re-stocked throughout the night and at the end of the shift
- Maintains equipment by checking chemical level, temperature, and water level
- Cleaning equipment
- Making sure drains, filters, etc. are cleaned
- Maintains clean garbage cans for internal and external guests
- Taking the garbage out
- Washing the garbage can with bleach water and soap
- Replenishing garbage bags
- Ensures safe dishes, silverware, and glassware
- Follow the WV Health Code and the policies set up for the outlet
- Ensures new workers are aware of the correct procedures by working directly with a new person to show them the ropes
- Contributes to team effort
- Accomplishing related results as needed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or student
Experience: No previous experience required
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30 miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer