Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowshoe - Room Attendant Team Leader
at Alterra Mountain Company
Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
This position is responsible for the following “job results”.
- Helping to ensure quality control
- Assist with checking all checkout rooms that are cleaned to standard by room attendants, for cleanliness, linen and amenity placements and maintenance deficiencies. Complete formal 'room check- list ' on a periodic basis. Report all maintenance deficiencies. Check hallways and public areas for cleanliness, supplies and furniture placements. Check all vacant rooms on a daily basis. Check rooms where there is a discrepancy between front desk and housekeeping. Attend departmental meetings, work as room attendant or house person as needed dusting, vacuuming, making beds, etc.
- Helping to ensure productivity
- Help to update, change and make up staffing schedule and execute opening procedures in the absence of the housekeeping supervisor. Responsible for the issue and return of keys, pagers, vehicle keys and work assignments sheets at the beginning of the work day. Ensure daily work schedule has been prioritized for quick room turnover. Report all clean rooms to housekeeping office or front desk. Check that room attendants carts, making sure they are properly stocked. Ensure that all linen rooms are clean and stocked to proper par levels. Take periodic inventories of amenity and cleaning supplies. Check cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners for bag replacement, etc. Direct linen and trash removal. Monitor break time and set the example. Ensure employee payroll sign in i out, along with electronic card swipe.
- Assist in contributing to team effort and accomplishing related results as needed
- Interacting with guests and homeowners
- Supervising maid service, troubleshooting guest and homeowner issues in relation to own department and other areas of the resort by giving information and direction.
- Interacting with coworkers
- Discussing work, personal scheduling and quality control issues. Enhancing team play. Striving to learn and grow as a team to ensure a positive employee experience while providing guest satisfaction. Coaching and correcting as necessary. Assist in training and coaching of newly hired housekeeping staff.
- Help to ensure a safe environment for staff and guest
- Enforcing departmental policies in the areas of health and safety, uniform regulations, cleaning procedures and standard room set ups.
- Reporting maintenance and damage to direct report by making visual observation of room, documenting problems
- Reporting lost and found by turning in items left by guests to direct report
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: less than high school degree or equivalent. Required to read and write. Follow simple written and verbal instructions.
Experience: 6 months of prior practical housekeeping or supervisory experience
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30 miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
An Equal Opportunity Employer