Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowshoe - Room Attendant Supervisor
at Alterra Mountain Company
Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
- Clean units by: removing trash and dirty linen, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, making bed, washing windows
- Interacts with guest and homeowners by: providing maid service, referring guest issues in relation to other area of the resort by giving information or direction
- Interacts with co-worker\supervisor by: Discussing work, personal scheduling and quality and quantity issues, Enhancing team play, striving to learn to grow as a team to ensure a positive employee experience while providing guest satisfaction.
- Removes trash by: Picking up, bagging, carrying and disposing of garbage
- Maintains orderly storage areas, carts and vacuums by: Cleaning, restocking linens, supplies and amenities.
- Maintains common areas for guest By: Vacuuming, dusting, mopping, washing windows
- Reports maintenance and damage to direct report by: making visual observation of room and documenting problems.
- Reports Lost and Found by: Turning in items left to direct report
- Contributes to team effort by: Accomplishing related results as needed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (state minimum required and preferred)
Education: Basic math, reading and language skills
Experience: None required
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30 miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer