Stratton Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowshoe - On Mountain Sales Agent
at Stratton Mountain Resort
Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
This position is responsible for the following “job results”.
- Opens sales location by picking up bank and checking for accuracy, pos log in, and preparing desk area for business.
- Promotes snowshoe mountain resort by representing snowshoe at a sales desk in a positive and professional manner.
- Assists, recommends and helps guest plan their vacation by answering questions, quoting rates and making recommendations.
- Increase revenue per guest by selling lift tickets, rentals, ski school, adventure activities, and special event tickets.
- Meet personal activity and on mountain product goals and budget by motivating and encouraging guest to participate in mountain activities.
- Confirms guest reservation by reserving rentals, lift tickets and all other activities, quoting cancellation policies, and by processing advance deposits and payment transactions.
- Maintains professional sales technique and technical knowledge by attending sales and operational training.
- Achieves financial and budget objectives by promoting yield management strategies.
- Identifies and provides management with pertinent sales information by participating in the weekly sales meetings.
- Strengthen selling skills by participating in sales training.
- Closing sales location by securing desk area, running reports, logging off pos system, checking supply availability for following workday, and dropping cash bags.
- Calculates correct balance with all payment methods against sales report by counting cash, checks, vouchers, room charges, and credit card receipts and making sure all totals match with the sales report.
- Contributes to the team effort by understanding the financial impact aggressive selling has on snowshoe mountain resort.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School or Equivalent
Experience: Resort and sales experience or one year of related work experience
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30 miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer