Alterra Mountain Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowshoe - Camp Counselor
at Alterra Mountain Company
Full Time - Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun
This position is responsible for the following “job results”.
- Completes wildcat day camp objectives.
- Taking an active role in the daily operations
- Executing, maintaining, and assisting in various camp activities, tasks, and duties.
- Upholding standards for guest satisfaction, communication, and kids camp
- Ensures success of wildcat day camp.
- Instructing and interacting with campers during camp activities
- Supervising and escorting campers during camp activities
- Monitoring and ensuring appropriate student behavior
- Executing alternate activity plan in the event of inclement weather
- Acts as functional member of the wildcat team.
- Seeking advice from camp supervisor/manager when needed
- Communicating in a positive manner with reinforced feedback to participants and parents/guardians
- Being a versatile worker
- Learning to operate in the many areas and departments of Snowshoe Mountain
- Effectively assisting other departments as needed
- Adhering to company safety and liability policies and procedures
- Accomplishing related results as needed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- First Aid, CPR, AED Training
- Lifeguarding training preferred, but not required.
Experience: Early Childhood care experience preferred, but not required.
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30 miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
Snowshoe Mountain is committed to a drug free workplace and has an established drug testing policy. This job is identified as a safety sensitive position and you may be tested at random during your term of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer