State Supply Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State Supply Electric Co.
The warehouse worker will increase operational efficiency, company profitability and customer satisfaction by accurately and safely receiving and storing materials, as well as picking, packing, and scanning orders for pickup and delivery.
- Pulling, filling, packing and setting up orders for delivery or pickup.
- Maintain the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time.
- Follow any special instructions pertaining to an individual order.
- Receive shipments, log into inventory, maintain inventory through audits.
- Report any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person.
- Communicate positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up.
- Operate a forklift safely and efficiently, maintain required certification, perform vehicle safety checks and report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Assist in keeping facility clean, neat, safe and operating efficiently.
- Process returns accurately.
- Follow all established policy and safety guidelines in a drug-free workplace.
- Attend product knowledge meetings as required by management.
- Present a neat and professional image.
- Assist in keeping facility secure.
- Process incoming shipments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take on the responsibility so that all incoming products are clearly identified and/or labeled.
- Move incoming shipments to put-away zones in an efficient manner.
- Schedule incoming shipments to ensure efficiency during the delivery process.
- Notify Purchasing Department of all receiving discrepancies.
- Assist in the scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Load trucks to ensure that no product is damaged in shipment.
- Be proficient in the use of shipment codes.
- Make sure that the material is at appropriate loading dock.
- Process and print paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Make sure that the packaging/shipment meets the policies.
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Recognizes and understands product numbers and alpha/numeric codes.
- Operates forklifts in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures.
- Able to work independently with some direction.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Delivers superior customer service.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Effective listening skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills.
- Stand/walk for duration of work hours.
- Lift/carry/maneuver heavy material or equipment (up to 40lbs)
State Electric Supply Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.