State of West Virginia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lottery Accounting Specialist 2
at State of West Virginia
- Nature of Work
Department of Revenue/West Virginia Lottery The lottery headquarters is in Charleston, WV. Under general supervision, selected individual will perform auditing procedures and analysis of a central computing system which operates 14,000 video lottery terminals via five casino/racetracks and limited video lottery locations statewide. Will report to the video lottery supervisor and will be responsible for analyzing video lottery central computer data in order to make daily adjustments to ensure the accuracy of revenue reporting of the statewide programs. Perform forensic auditing of machine irregularities and conducts routine audits with the assistance of field auditors. Creates reports of audit findings to senior management and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Attends meetings and training sessions as requested. Qualified candidate will be taught the specific concepts related to video lottery gaming operations. Occasional travel may be required with overnight stays and occasional Saturdays or Sundays. Applicants are subject to an extensive background investigation by the WV Lottery Security Division. No one will be appointed, employed or continue to serve in any position or employment with the Commission who has been convicted of any violation of the Lottery Law, or of any crime related to theft or gambling or involving moral turpitude. The Commission shall remove or discharge any person so convicted. Performs related work as required.
Click The APPLY Link Above To Apply Online. Do not use a paper application unless you cannot apply online. If you must use a paper application due to disability or other valid reason, please call our office (304) 558-3950 (8:30am-4:30pm) for special instructions.
Your eligible score will be based on information provided in your application. Make sure your application is detailed and complete. You may attach a resume and other documents; however, you should NEVER enter "See Resume" on the application. You MUST complete ALL parts of the application, including the Work Experience section. NOTE: Jobs on your application that do not have a salary amount will be considered volunteer and will NOT be counted as qualifying. Estimate salary if necessary.
IMPORTANT: Your application will remain active for this job announcement for 1 year. Application for this job does not automatically qualify you for other positions. Be sure to submit your application for each position of interest. To receive an email notice anytime jobs in this or other categories are posted, you may choose to complete a Job Interest Card from the slide-out menu located at the top left of our Job Opportunities page.
As a condition of employment, an inquiry into job-related information will be completed which may include, but not limited to, criminal records, abuse registry records, driving records, employment history, and education and training. Failing to cooperate with this process, providing false and incomplete information, or discovery of disqualifying information will result in denial of or dismissal from employment or denial of transfer irrespective of when discovered.
- Examples of Work
- Analyzes, interprets and records all financial data from the sale of instant lottery tickets; analyzes and interprets the financial file interface for the online gaming system and adjusts data to the General Ledger.
- Summarizes and enters weekly totals for online games electronic funds transfers (EFT's) adjustments, lottery sales and payouts into Great Plains accounting system and reconciles online games accounts receivables.
- Balances weekly instant and online games EFT files and transfers files to Treasurer's Office for distribution to retailers' accounts; controls the revenue stream from retailers' to state lottery accounts.
- Prepares retailers' accounts receivables and weekly accounting records.
- Ensures that gaming revenue and related taxes are properly reported and remitted by the gaming facility to the West Virginia Lottery; verifies accuracy of the Master Games Report on a daily basis.
- Ensures compliance with the gaming facility's internal control system and the Minimum Internal Control Standards adopted by the West Virginia Lottery.
- Ensures the integrity of table games played at the gaming facilities.
- Analyzes video lottery central computer data in order to make daily adjustments to ensure the accuracy of revenue reporting of the statewide limited video lottery and racetrack video lottery programs.
- Performs routine field audits and forensic auditing of machine irregularities.
- Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in accounting, business administration, finance, economics or closely related field with at least 18 semester hours in accounting.
Three years of full-time or equivalent part-time paid professional experience in accounting or auditing.
Substitution: (1) Certification or registration as a public accountant in West Virginia may substitute for the required training and two years of the required experience. (2) Graduate study from an accredited four-year college or university may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
NOTICE: If you are claiming college or other post-high school education or license, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your OFFICIAL education transcript, license or training record. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT UNTIL THIS VERIFICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. To avoid missing a job opportunity, it is important that you provide this verification as soon as possible. You only have to provide this verification one time. It is not required with every application. Attach documents to the online application, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX: 304-957-0396, or mail to: Division of Personnel, Building 3, Suite 500, 1900 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25305.