Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Department Manager
at Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Job TitleHVAC Department Manager
LocationBuckhannon Coop - Buckhannon B-10966
Area of InterestPetroleum
The HVAC Department Manager leads the daily operations for HVAC product delivery & installs and HVAC service technicians. Plans, organizes, and effectively allocates resources and equipment to fill orders in a timely and reliable manner. Consistently demonstrates teamwork and customer service skills.
- Answer customer telephone calls for HVAC delivery and equipment service. Ask questions to determine product needs, clarify equipment and repair concerns, and determine urgency. Provide product and service information to customers, including retail pricing. Effectively utilize customer relations skills to present SSC in a positive and professional manner. May handle escalated customer concerns and inquiries.
- Accurately operate computer system to handle all facets of business at the location. May include creating new customers accounts. Handling issues for skipped deliveries, adding deliveries to dispatched routes and other items that occur.
- Organize service tickets by geographic area or use of system routing. Prioritize repair, maintenance, or installation work. Assess the availability of parts and related equipment.
- Monitor service truck inventory levels. Assign HVAC service technicians based on even distribution of workload and appropriate service skills. Work to minimize overtime.
- Continuously communicate via computer system, telephone, radio, and in-person with service technicians, and facility team members regarding service dispatching. Obtain and process updates regarding schedule, job progress, account issues, availability of materials, and other critical factors.
- Assist walk-in customers with sales of HVAC products and services.
- Provide training and coaching to HVAC service technicians. Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrate how to accurately complete documentation and customer tickets. Explain delivery routes. Discuss customer service expectations, payment collection, and identifying opportunities to obtain new and recurring orders.
- Assist facility leadership with preparing and maintaining retail prices.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. Learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Minimize waste and properly dispose of waste material. Perform all related cleaning of equipment and work areas according to Housekeeping Plan and SSC procedures.
- During peak seasons, provide onsite HVAC service and installs at customer residential and/or commercial locations.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Requires five (5) years of experience and/or service technician expertise (oil based heating systems/HVAC, equipment and appliances).
Requires two (2) years of management of service technicians.
Southern States work experience strongly preferred.
Licensing: Licensing requirements vary by location and are based on state/federal regulations. May require one or more of the following:
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certificate
- License in HVAC
Requirements -- complexity of requirements increases with grade level
- Technical knowledge of heating/cooling systems (HVAC) and equipment
- Computer literacy to operate SSC business systems
- Geographical knowledge of the service and delivery area and the ability to set and modify routes utilizing computer system, maps, and GPS equipment
- Able to prioritize and apply organizational skills
- Able to utilize interpersonal skills for customer sales and service and to build team relationships
- Able to communicate technical information
- Able to perform effectively as an integral member of the team
- Able to follow safety, quality control and operating procedures at all times
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Able to complete paperwork, reports, documentation, and email communication in a legible, organized, and timely manner
- Able to speak, read, write the English language in a proficient manner
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.