Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ply Gem
- Job ID
- # Positions
Designs equipment or machine layout to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure products meet quality standards while minimizing production problems and costs. Develops and maintains manufacturing process flow to maximize space, efficiency, and effectiveness. Ensures compliance with industry safety and design standards and guidelines. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Must be self-motivated, creative and have the ability to learn and adapt. Reduce scrap, improve quality, increase output, improve efficiency and decrease downtime to improve profitability. Responsible for the development, implementation and documentation of the manufacturing processes. Facilitate the manufacture of materials and products through continuous process improvement. Implements new processes and technologies to accommodate new product introductions, increase capacity, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Manage multiple projects, often under tight time lines with changing scopes and priority.
- Work in a team environment to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Improve productivity, throughput, and functionality of various manufacturing processes.
- Create a safe, orderly, and efficient work area. Improve the manufacturing environment for employees by benchmarking best practices.
- Develop a strong technical understanding of the various manufacturing processes utilized to manufacture Ply Gem Siding Group products and be willing to step outside normal role when required by the Manager. Coordinate with the process engineers of individual plants on process issues.
- Implements new technologies, equipment designs, and processes to improve quality and productivity.
- Coordinates with the maintenance engineers/leaders of the plants on maintenance/equipment issues; helps maintain records; coordinates repairs purchase of major equipment with vendors.
- Identify new technologies. Review, investigate, and implement.
- Implements equipment designs and processes to improve quality, productivity, and capacity.
- Participates in team process development objectives.
- Creates a safe, orderly, and efficient work area.
- Review designs insuring best industrial engineering practices are followed.
- Manage critical capital budget processes. Includes writing capital acquisition requests, obtaining quotations, Issuing P.O., paying invoices, closing out completed projects, managing cash flow, and insuring adherence to budgets.
- Assists R&D efforts to implement new products and processes into production.
- Develops all necessary process documentation (i.e. FMEAs Control Plans, capability studies, flow analysis, etc.
- Assesses existing processes for areas of improvement utilizing Pareto analysis, designed experiments techniques, capability studies, etc.
- Works with the Safety Manager to help insure that all plants adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory legislation (i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, UST’s, CERCLA, ECRA, SARA, DOT, etc.) as it relates to areas of responsibilities.
- Evaluates and recommends implementation of competitive technology.
- Support initiatives to automate production processes through the use of PLC’s, MMI, data collection, dashboards, etc. to improve processes, reduce labor, and improve safety.
- Update monthly engineering report and the corporate engineering database as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Technology/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Two or more years experience in process/manufacturing engineering. Experience in plastics/plastic extrusion preferred. Experience in programming the following equipment and or software preferred: Allen Bradley PLC’s (i.e. SLC 504, SLC 505, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, MicroLogixs, etc.), AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Project, Excl, Access, Power Point), Wonderware.
Safety and quality minded. Organized and detail oriented. Self motivated and team oriented. Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent math and reading skills. Ability to read and interpret CAD files. Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced working environment. Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages.
Position requires moderate travel (30-40%).