Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Safety Specialist
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
Responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer service and ensuring safe store environment for both customers and employees.
The SSS will accomplish this by providing a visible presence at store entrances, greeting customers, and partnering with the store staff throughout each shift. The SSS will continuously observe, identify, and react to conditions or incidents that negatively impact the store environment. The SS will partner with the store staff to ensure the appropriate level of service is maintained at all times. The SSS also participates in other functions as assigned by the Store Manager or Field Leadership Team.
- Maintain a customer-facing and visible presence at the front entrance of the store to increase the visibility and availability of store staff to all customers.
- Greet all customers entering and exiting the store.
- Observe areas of the sales floor at all times to identify and resolve conditions that may negatively impact customer service or safety
Work with store management to deescalate theft and safety incidents.• Perform figure 8’s on the sales floor.
- Perform fitting room checks every 30 minutes during busy periods, once per hour otherwise.
- Minimize theft and safety concerns through the highest levels of customer service.
- Monitor store entrances, exits, and sales floor for actual or potential theft by identifying suspicious activity and behaviors and alerting store management.
- Communicate with store management and RLPM concerning all theft issues.
- Maintain rue21 policies and procedures to minimize or deter negative theft and safety incidents.
- Complete written and electronic logs as directed by store management
- Conduct appropriate bag and coat checks on departing Associates and Managers.
- Conduct EAS sensor sweeps once per shift.
- Respond to EAS alarm activations as per company policy.
- Partner with law enforcement when appropriate
- Partner with neighboring retailers to stay connected to any incidents within the center.
- Partner with Regional Loss Prevention Manager.
* Other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Field Leadership Team
- Strong customer service experience skills
- Detailed observation skills
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Loss prevention experience a plus
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Ability to foster a positive working environment
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Current Guard certification is a plus
- High school diploma required
- Stand up for up to 8 hours
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb and balance on ladders
- Bend at the waist
- Kneel and squat on the ground
- Reach above the shoulder frequently