RK & K
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation/Civil Design Engineer
at RK & K
RK&K is seeking a dedicated and strong Transportation/Civil Design Engineer for our Charleston Office. Our team-oriented environment is supported by subject matter experts and experienced mentors that will help you succeed!
- Perform a wide variety of engineering tasks including concept designs, traffic control designs, roadway & highway designs, streetscapes, complete streets, profiles, geometric layouts, cross sections, intersections, interchanges, bicycle/pedestrian facilities, contract plans, cost estimates and specifications;
- Perform engineering planning tasks including preparation of conceptual road plans and alternatives analysis for new transportation systems or retrofits to existing systems, design alteration and modification of existing transportation systems to improve safety or function, prepare alternatives analyses reports for concept roadway improvements;
- Apply WVDOH and AASHTO design criteria, regulatory requirements, standards, and processes; \
- Lead design tasks to ensure deliverables are completed within budget and on schedule;
- Coordinate with clients, contractors, consultants, government agencies, and project staff;
- Work in a collaborative environment with a diverse, multi-disciplined project team.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- 5-15 years of experience in civil engineering design and/or transportation/highway engineering.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) or ability to obtain in 6 months
- Capable of leading transportation design projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- In-depth understanding of Highway Design Standards, MUTCD, WVDOH, AASHTO and other highway design manuals and guidelines.
- Proficiency in MicroStation V8i, OpenRoads, InRoads, and/or GEOPAK.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Valid Drivers License.
RK&K offers an attractive salary package commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company matching a percentage, paid time off, company medical/dental plans, and tuition reimbursement. For more information visit our website at www.rkk.com.
RK&K is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.