RK & K
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RK & K
Position Title: Construction Inspectors (FullTime)
Location: West Virginia
Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 DesignFirms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing intransportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is basedon our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technicalsolutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in ourability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&Khas received countless recognition for its exceptional and unique workplaceculture.
RK&K is hiring experienced Construction Inspectorsthroughout North Central West Virginia including the Eastern Panhandle counties to help deliver complex highway/bridge projects.Inspectors will ensure quality control and contract compliance for roadway,structure, and environmental projects.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- High school graduate orequivalent with a minimum two (2) years’ experience in construction inspection,one (1) year of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway constructioninspection
- Experience with and knowledge of materials, standards andspecifications for highway or bridge construction
- Experience in materialstesting (soils, asphalt, concrete and Erosion & Sedimentation Control) andinspection is preferred
- Experience using Site Manager preferred
- WVDOH Certifications preferred (ability to earn the appropriate WVDOHcertification Level (1-5) within six (6) months
- Validdriver’s license and favorable driving record
- Abilityto pass background check and initial drug screening
- Abilityto lift 50 pounds
- WVDOH Asphalt Technician Training
- WVDOH Transportation Engineering Technician Levels 1-5
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may beexposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise levelin the work environment may range from moderate to loud. The employee may needto move and lift field equipment and tools. The employee may need to use avariety of safety equipment, including harnesses, scaffolding, etc. Thisposition is performed in outside weather conditions.
This position has excellent potentialfor career advancement. We proudly offer an attractive salary packagecommensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package includingpaid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life anddisability insurances as well as a 401k plan with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversityat all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.