Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer - Electrical - Packaging
at Pro Mach
A single source of integrated solutions with global reach and a world of experience, ProMach Performance Services (PPS) is a network of technical experts working together to deliver the most efficient and economical solutions, anywhere in the world. Integration, engineering, design/build, data collection, advanced analytics, machine forensics, track and trace, and more: ProMach Performance Services delivers innovation from every corner, creating complete solutions from ProMach’s best-in-class packaging partners and beyond. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com and for more information on ProMach Careers, visit http://www.ProMachCareers.com.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of the electrical system on PPS projects and initiatives. This position will provide electrical engineering support for one of our largest customers at a new automated facility in the Martinsburg, WV area. The position will operate independently and reports to the on site Project Manager for PPS, located at the Tabler Station facility in WV. Responsibilities include the following:
- Create full design packages including BOM, detail drawings, assembly drawings and layouts;
- Check & validate all final design documentation, parts lists and drawings according to design & contract requirements, to ensure completeness & accuracy;
- Review and interpret customer and vendor drawings and specifications
- Design or coordinate the design of the MCC, wiring schematics and power distribution
- Write the PLC and HMI code
- Prepare contractor and scope of work instructions
- Prepares electrical layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Interpret technical specifications & application parameters;
- Conceptualize new designs;
- Select cost effective OEM components;
- 5-7 years of Electrical and Controls Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or diploma in Electrical Technology
- Experience with production line design and working with end users in a consulting capacity
- Experience with power distribution (480V).
- Experience with communications networks
- PLC programming experience in Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs is required.
- Experience with industrial robots is an asset
- Experience with Factory Talk Studio and Wonderware would be preferred.
- Experience with servo system design and programming.
- Solid AutoCAD skills preferred.
- Position may require some travel up to 10%
- Good knowledge of North American electrical standards for equipment manufacturing
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.