Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Project Engineer
at Pro Mach
ProMach Performance Services, based in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, is a leading global provider of packaging line engineering, integration, and productivity services and solutions. ProMach Performance Services’ products and services include packaging line system design and build, performance diagnostics software, robotics testing and integration, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management, technical training, productivity support, and material handling solutions. ProMach Performance Services is a division of Pro Mach. Pro Mach has a diverse customer base, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, which depend on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and integrated solution sets. Pro Mach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. For more information on Pro Mach’s brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com.
The Mechanical Project Engineer, located at our customer’s facility in West Virginia, is responsible for independently working directly with the client beginning with an analysis of their initial needs and continuing through to start-up of various packaging systems, along with providing training and support to the equipment. This position reports to the Project Manager. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide technical assistance during installation, commissioning and start up
- Review and interpret customer and vendor drawings and specifications
- Meet with and communicate with Customer on a regular basis to confirm status of project
- Coordinate with all involved parties to ensure projects are executed on time and within budget
- Write equipment specifications, send out RFQ’s (request for pricing) and evaluate vendor responses
- Generate and execute equipment acceptance tests
- Create line layouts with an in depth understanding of material and people flows
- Create full installation packages including BOM, assembly drawings and layouts
- Check & validate all final design documentation, parts lists and drawings according to design & contract requirements, to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Take ownership of the equipment testing process
- Create Installation Qualification checklist to ensure the equipment is built as intended as well as Operational Qualification checklist to ensure appropriate operation of the machines
- The position will have a direct impact on the amount of site support business at the facility
- May provide short term site support for projects and office support
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSME or BSMET), or similar engineering or technical degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) desired, not required.
- 5-7 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and Project Management, preferably in the packaging or automation industries.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined project team: engineering, quality control, procurement, manufacturing, cost estimating, delivery/billing, and configuration management.
- Ability to create systems/methods to stay organized and work independently at the customer facility to support them with the packaging line startups and troubleshooting
- Effective change management, troubleshooting / problem solving, and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience with line layouts, equipment specifications and mechanical design required (AutoCAD)
- Proficient in business and project management software (MS Office, MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint) as well as 3D CAD.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10 to 15% of the time.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.