Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Supervisor/Manufacturing Supervisor
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor performs frontline supervisory functions and is responsible for safety, discipline, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews of hourly associates as well as making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Supervises, directs, advises, and trains manufacturing team members including shift supervisors in accordance with established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. In addition, this position will actively encourage and support concepts of associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Facilitates the manufacture of building products to meet production demands, while ensuring quality, safety, and environmental responsibility.
- In conjunction with appropriate plant leadership, develops and implements staffing guidelines to maximize utilization of human resources while controlling manpower costs. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and replaces staff as required to ensure performance objectives are met/exceeded.
- Maintain a high degree of leadership and supervisory skills including: Developing and training teammates so they are prepared to assume positions of increasing responsibilities; evaluate teammates generally annually and give feedback to perform better; and hold shift meetings for Safety and Production items as instructed by the manager.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to shift supervisors in accordance with guidance provide by Area Manager and Director of Operations.
- Effectively trains personnel in tooling, troubleshooting, machine set-up, operation, changeover, safety procedures, record keeping, etc.
- Identifies potential career paths for associates and works with associates to develop their skills and knowledge in order to progress within the company. Provides documentation and follow up to training and job responsibilities.
- Provide a leadership environment that enhances a harmonious collective bargaining relationship between the company and the Union with the view of insuring to the maximum the welfare of both parties.
- Interviews qualified candidates for manufacturing positions and recommends candidates for hire to Human Resources.
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy.
- Assigns personnel to window production lines and oversee line, area rotations and break schedules during assigned shift(s) by maintaining a high degree of communication skills to accomplish seamless shift changes and troubleshooting progress.
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line operation; operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective action.
- Interrupt the normal flow of work to respond to any short notice production or shipping needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety polices and regulations and ability to address all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Administers policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides coaching and counseling to associates and corrective action when needed, always following the company guidelines.
- Ability to promote overall goals of company in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous process improvement. Uses statistics or SPC to help better control the production and assembly process.
- Controls materials to eliminate waste
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
3+ years of leadership experience within a manufacturing environment. Fenestration experience is preferred, but not required.
Highly developed oral and written communication skills, combined with the ability to educate and train non-degreed operators and technicians in a production environment. Ability to play a true team member role with other key plant leadership members. Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, mentor and train associates on a regular basis. A highly skilled and motivated individual proficient in all areas of extrusion operation.