Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Table Games Dealer School - Part-Time
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Table Games
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Provides accurate and efficient dealing at assigned table game
- Follows game procedures when dealing Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Poker, Baccarat, and any other form or variation of table games
- Provides prompt, courteous and accurate dealing at assigned table(s)
- Adheres to all company and departmental policies and procedures and state regulations as it relates to this position
- Performs accurate chip and cash transactions
- Receives wagers from customers and pays the appropriate game outcomes
- Maintains game security and protects company assets at all times
- Assists customers in understanding the rules and ensures adherence to established policies and procedures
Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must successfully complete dealer training or have previous casino dealing experience
- Must be fast and accurate in handling cash
- Six months experience in customer service field preferred
- Prior poker experience or successful completion of Poker School required
- Must be able to successfully complete a basic math test, and pass an audition displaying adequate Poker skills
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers and collecting and paying out bets
- Must possess good manual dexterity for quick and accurate handling of chips, cards and money
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers and guests in fast-paced environment
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and mobility to move easily around pit area as well as entire property for entire shift
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues with excellent peripheral vision
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality
Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer