Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Greets guests actively engaged in gaming and assists team members in player identification.
- Provides guests with hospitality arrangements, including rooms, food, beverages, and assists with special requests.
- Maintains knowledge of casino marketing and player development promotions and encourages guest participation.
- Maintains knowledge of credit procedures and encourages the use of credit when appropriate.
- Creates guest loyalty by engaging in service of guests when on property.
- Assists in resolving guest opportunities and/or conflicts, in fair and equitable manners.
- Analyzes and coordinates in-house invitation lists with Manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Attends and aids in the coordination of special events.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with customers of fellow team members.
- Establishes a direct line of communication with all service departments for the purpose of caring for high value players.
- Maintains the confidentiality of player information including but not limited to personal information such as name, address, contact information, level of play, wins, losses, number of visits, etc.
- Provides assistance to the Manager as needed.
- Provides professional representation at internal and external meetings and events.
- Ensures interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of customer service program.
- Adheres to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; minimum of one year Casino Guest Service experience, including but not limited to Player Development, Slots or Table Games; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions (i.e., written, oral, etc.).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must obtain a First Aid/AED certification. Must successfully complete TIPS and/or TOPS training.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gaming’s auto insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer