Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Player Services Shift Manager
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Players Services/Cage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. .
- Assists with guest inquiries while monitoring and applying service recovery within authorized levels.
- Assist in acquisition of new players through the continuous promotion of the mychoice rewards card program and the special benefits of card membership.
- Monitors operation supply inventory on assigned shift. Notifies manager of issues.
- Review and approve cage documentation based on established levels of authorization in absence of Shift Manager.
- Prepare/review currency transactions reports in absence of Shift Manager on assigned shift.
- Verify vault accountability at end of shift on assigned shift.
- Verify credit line availability in absence of Shift Manager on assigned shift.
- Verification of main bank and window cashier drawers.
- Authorizing checks.
- Prepare customer deposit and safekeeping log.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Ensures all staff are trained and follow CTR and SARC procedures; responsible for making sure all paperwork is completed and reported in accordance with established compliance procedures.
Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma/GED; or two to four years related customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have be proficient in computer knowledge to include keyboarding skills, all Microsoft Office applications, email usage, and database, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Knowledge of all office machines and tools (jet sort, coin roller, 10-key by touch, credit card cash advance systems).
This job will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must obtain a First Aid/AED certification. Must successfully complete C.A.R.E or TIPS training.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gaming’s auto insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer