Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Maint Tech
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Performs maintenance service and repairs of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, and machine service.
- Experience with rubber, tar, and metal roofing systems.
- Performs wall vinyl repair and replacement, drywall installation and finishing, ceiling tile, floor tile, masonry, carpet repair and installation.
- Responsible for changing light bulbs and cleaning fixtures.
- Tracks par stock and inventory.
- May be responsible for assisting with snow removal.
- Can read and understand blue prints.
- Practices safe working conditions.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED, degree in specific trades and/or 2 or more years related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- None associated with this position.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be eligible for licensing with the West Virginia Racing Commission. Must possess a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside. In addition to the pre-employment background check, this position will be subject to periodic checks of your driving record in order to determine your continued suitability to drive company and/or patron vehicles.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the environment is usually loud. This position may be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer