Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food & Beverage Team Member - Full - Time
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Food and Beverage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including host stand area, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards
- Resolves service issues according to the service recovery toolbox
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior customer service in a fast paced environment preferred
- Previous cashiering experience in a high volume restaurant preferred
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to accurately and quickly process all cash transactions
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., pens, money, credit cards), bend, stoop and twist while handling financial transactions; stand and walk for up to four hours; able to use hand motions when receiving payment and giving change, when using the cash register/POS system and when cleaning and wiping cashier areas
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Must be able to maintain a neat and professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer