Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Person - Epic Buffet (Full Time)
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Hollywood Casino at CharlesTown
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Food and Beverage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play
- Provides personalized service during guest interactions
- Removes dirty dishes, linen, glassware, and flatware from table and counter tops, and transports items to designated area
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (coffee machines, soda and juice dispensers, ice bins), service stations, and refrigerators as scheduled, or required
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures
- Removes and properly disposes of all debris accumulated in restaurant and service stations in accordance with department procedures
- Maintains par levels of operating supplies (china, flatware, glassware, utensils), condiments, and paper supplies for each service station obtaining replacement stock from warehouse area and/or warehouse inventory in accordance with procedure
- Reset tables with silverware, linen, napkins, and glassware in accordance with established restaurant table top specifications
- Assists servers in their duties (e.g., refills water glasses and coffee cups, helps serve food orders, attend to guest needs) as required
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to food servers and restaurant host/hostess
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior customer service in a fast paced environment preferred
- Read, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must be able to lift trays with food above shoulder level
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional appearance and uphold company appearance standards
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer