Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 Associate Process Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
he Associate Process Engineer develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements: researching, designing, modifying, and testing methods/processes and equipment, and conferring with equipment vendors. The candidate will develop and maintain detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes, aid in the disposition of discrepant hardware, provide suggestions to improve productivity, analyze processing data to highlight trends and implement corrective actions, and provide day to day support to manufacturing personnel.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Assists in the resolution of processing issues.
- Evaluates discrepant hardware
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost, and efficiency.
- Incorporates engineering changes on work in process.
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience with Electrical and Electro Mechanical Assembly
- Experience with Surface Mount Circuit Card Assembly Technology.
- Demonstrated hands-on electrical ability
- Experience using SPC and Six Sigma techniques.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.