Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accounting Associate, General Accounting
at Mylan Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18001697
For Us, It's A Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- Assist the general accounting team with general ledger maintenance through journal entry posting and various accrual preparation, collaborate with intercompany trading partners to reconcile intercompany balances, prepare various internal financial reports, and assist in other general accounting functions .
- Prepare intercompany entries and reconciliations for all Mylan intercompany trading partners. Work closely with trading partners to resolve any out-of-balance issues.
- Post SAP journal entries and resolve any posting issues with the journal entry preparer. Prepare various monthly accruals.
- Compile and distribute Rx Café financial statements.
- Prepare and process monthly SAP accrual engine.
- Assist in research and analysis of unclaimed property information to ensure entities are in compliance with regulations for all states.
- Prepare bank entries and associated reconciliations.
- Monitor and report on monthly closing schedule to ensure deadlines are being met. Complete account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (preferably Accounting) and 0-2 years of experience preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Must possess knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy, and possess good organizational, interpersonal, analysis and multi-tasking skills. Ability to handle very confidential information and interact professionally with all levels of management. Ability to work with various computing and technology equipment.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.