MPW Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL A Operator
at MPW Industrial Services
This position is responsible for the operation of equipment at a given customer site.This position will be accountable for delivering and maintaining high standards of customer service through business operations.
- Ensures the site is set up including water blast hose, or vacuum hose.
- Transports equipment to the job site.
- Completes minor repair on vehicles or equipment as needed.
- Ensures oil and other fluids are maintained as specified levels.
- Works along with labor force in completing manual tasks, using specialized equipment as necessary to break loose material for vacuuming, water blasting surfaces clean and/or lancing pipes tubes or holes.
- Ensures equipment is clean prior to return to MPW branch locations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- This position is called upon to support the labor force personnel in job task completion.
- At times this position works along side with labor force.
- This person must be mechanically inclined in an effort to maintain pumps and equipment at the jobsite often without the luxury of tools and a shop.
- This position may be called in at various hours and days of the week 24/7, due to the emergency response nature of the business.
- Several long and non-traditional hours are required as a regular part of this position.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma with specialization in industrial or vocational trades preferred.
- CDL A or B with tanker endorsement.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts a plus.
- MPW Certification on the operation of the operation of two pieces of equipment consisting of Water blaster, Wet/Dry Vacuuming, and/or Wash Truck.
- Specific knowledge of heavy equipment operation and/or repair a plus.
- 6-7 years “hands on” experience in heavy equipment maintenance preferred.