MITSUBISHI CATERPILLAR FORKLIFT AMERICA, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at MITSUBISHI CATERPILLAR FORKLIFT AMERICA, inc.
Job Reference #: a0xE000000JcYUpIAN
Daily Equipment Company is looking for an experienced Field Service Technician. Responsibilities vary by task, by tools required, and by duration on a daily basis. One day may require multiple quick fixes, and the next day involves a repair that takes the entire work day. Some jobs require lifting, and some do not. The process includes diagnosing the problem, either fixing the problem or recommending an outsourced solution, such as battery replacement, and then completing the necessary paperwork.
Position is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to the forces around him/her—customers, suppliers, co-workers, and other vendors.
- A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good, safe work habits
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills
- Able to work with minimal or no supervision in the field
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift Certification
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic inspections as directed. Get input from customer. Identify the cause of failure.
- Make repairs or recommendations as needed using appropriate tools and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Clean work area and return to pre-repair or better condition.
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairs. Maintain daily records of repairs for correct service billing. Write legibly.
- Maintain and care for tools, equipment and vehicles. Notify management of the need for repairs or replacements.
- Participate in job related training, including supporting the safety program, and maintain licenses and certifications to avoid expirations.
- Represent Daily Equipment as a professional by maintaining professional appearance, wearing uniform, keeping the vehicle and work areas clean, and being courteous and informative with customers.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned