Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Cloud Engineer
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Schedule
- Regular Full-Time
Job Description Summary
The Senior Network Engineer will perform network engineering, operations, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting on a large and complex network with an emphasis on Cloud based solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of network and cloud infrastructures
- Installation, maintenance and support of the network and cloud infrastructures
- Research and evaluate network technologies and tools to improve the operational efficiencies of a cloud-based environment
- Work with application owners\groups to ensure proper network and security standards are being followed for client projects and solutions
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead
PROJECT SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Determine network product needs and costs to meet project requirements
- Installing, deploy, configure, maintain and troubleshooting network hardware/virtual instances and issues
- Establishing complex routing schema
- Coordinate actions to ensure the implementation of networks that support mission requirements
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
PROJECT SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
- At least eight (8) years of related experience
- At least five (5) years of network engineering experience to include network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience with Cisco Routers, Switches and network technologies
- Experience designing and deploying network and firewall infrastructure in cloud environments.
- Experience with network connectivity to CSPs (Cloud Service Providers)
- Experience with architecting and deploying AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Highly proficient in network technologies and expert knowledge level of some of the following: Ethernet, VLANS, SAN technology, Firewalls, IDS; IPS; Load Balancers (LB); TCP/IP; BGP; EIGRP; MPLS; MIBS; IPSec; VPN; network security; and other Emerging Technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to support multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Cisco Certifications - CCNP, CCNA or CCDP
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate
- Experience designing and implementing network and firewall configurations
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (would be a bonus).
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant.