Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ophthalmic Technician / Optician
at LASIK MD
# of openings:
Ophthalmic Technician / Optician
Interested in relocating for this position? LASIK MD offers the possibility of a relocation bonus to many cities across Canada
Are you someone who is passionate about eye care and health? If so, then LASIK MD has the perfect opportunity for you. Rediscover what first inspired you to work in the field of vision care at Canada’s leading provider of laser vision correction! If you are motivated by the potential to learn technical skills in a medical environment, love connecting with people and relish the opportunity to build your career within a dynamic, fast-growing company, then why wait any longer? Set your sights on a new, exciting career opportunity today!
LASIK MD is a national provider of laser vision correction and intraocular lens implant procedures. Since first opening our doors more than 17 years ago, it’s been our mission to encourage people to discover clear vision with our safe, affordable, and life-changing procedures. Today, we operate more than 30 clinics across the country, from St-John’s, Newfoundland, to Victoria, British Columbia. As a business, LASIK MD is stronger than ever, continually growing and evolving to meet an increase in demand. We’re made up of a team of dedicated employees, people who value the work they do because it means they can help others discover freedom from glasses and contacts. At LASIK MD, we work better together—and we want you to be a part of our team.
To find out if LASIK MD is the employer for you, find our values here:
Your mission as an Ophthalmic Technician
A LASIK MD ophthalmic technician (OT) must counsel pre-operative and post-operative LASIK MD patients with accuracy and judgment, all while working under the supervision of an ophthalmologist. In this position, strong communication and customer service skills are a must. Technical skills training will be provided courtesy of our specialized training program.
- Complete the necessary testing for pre-operative and post-operative eye exams
- Provide counselling to patients with respect to procedures and technology available at LASIK MD;
- Promote LASIK MD technology accordingly, based on internal protocol;
- Provide superior customer service and patient care;
- Use appointment and patient file software, patient charts and other available tools to make accurate notes regarding patient’s eye health;
- Be responsible for the quality and exactitude of all testing and charting completed
- Maintain an acceptable statistical performance based on LASIK MD standards;
- Stay up-to-date on and adapt to changes made to protocols, procedures, products and services we offer;
- Perform clinical study recruitment and additional testing
- Fulfill additional tasks as per required by the Centre Director or management team;
- Assist in special projects, as needed.
- Superior communication skills, particularly verbal, with excellent “bedside manner”, professionalism, and active listening also an asset;
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to adapt and respond to different patient personalities;
- Experience using diagnostic tools and tests, including topography, refraction, slit lamp examination, etc.; Patience, approachability and a calm demeanor;
- Ability to manage patient expectations and concerns;
- Outgoing personality;
- Organized and attention-to-detail;
- Adapt to a fast-paced and often-changing environment; Team-oriented and collaborative, must demonstrate a willingness to learn and coach others;
- Organized and efficient with sense of initiative;
- Familiarity with computers and an ability to adapt to and learn new technology and software; entry-level experience with MS Office;
- Comfortable working in close contact with patients;
- Licensed Optician or COT or COMT as certified by JCAHPO;
- Good to have: Practical experience in an optical environment.
This is a permanent, full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation, bonuses and benefits. Candidates must be willing to work (33+) hours per week , on a flexible schedule (days, evenings and weekends). A full training is given to all new hires. We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are potentially available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. LASIK MD will also give you the opportunity to learn new skills and make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis!
We thank all candidates for their interest but we will only communicate with the candidates selected for an interview.