Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic, Fixed Plant 2nd Shift
- Position Type
- Hourly Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, has immediate openings for 2nd Shift Fixed Plant Mechanics to support operations at Millville Quarry in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment, systems and machinery. This position typically works from 2:30 p.m. until 12:00 midnight. Overtime will be required.
- Routinely walk the plant to inspect mechanical equipment and parts and systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of mechanical attention.
- Maintain crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens and screen bearings.
- Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
- Always ensure all safety guards are on equipment when it is energized
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible. Complete incident reports as instructed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular safety toolbox talks, production meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- A minimum of three years of experience performing the functions listed above in a construction, building materials, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proficient in hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Welding skills highly desirable
- Strong safety-orientation
- Ability to work overtime
Bardon, Inc. d/b/a Aggregate Industries and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.