KVC Health Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager
at KVC Health Systems, Inc.
The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will be responsible for attending meetings and being a part of the treatment team for foster and adoptive families. Foster/Adoptive Care Case manager continues to build a child welfare system that is safe, secure, and stable; family centered, connected to the community; and which relies on evidence based practice necessary to support contract services. The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager acts as a member of a treatment team; makes required home visits to the foster or adoptive home and school visits. Travel is required for this position.
essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned according to the qualification of staff and development of programs.
- Continues to build a child welfare system that is safe. secure, and stable; family centered, connected to the community; and which relies on evidences based practice necessary to support contract services .
- the Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will act as a member of a treatment team and give feedback on client progress.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manger will make required home visits to the foster or adoptive home a minimum of two times per month or as directed by the treatment plan.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will make at least one time per month school visits or as directed by the child's treatment plan.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manger will attend all Multi-Disciplinary (MDT) meetings. The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manger will attend all IEP meetings.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manger will travel (possibly to multiple counties in a service area) and be able to work in homes of families that are served.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will be knowledgeable in the areas of child development, parenting skills, and trauma.
- the Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will ensure that all child placing and Medicaid standards are met through documentation and keeping the child's chart up to date.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will have knowledge of Medically and Socially Necessary services techniques and proper documentation of the services.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manage will have knowledge of de-escalation techniques.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will participate in a 24 hour on-call rotation.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will work with all community members involved in the child's life including the birth mother or birth extended family.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manger will provide supervised visitation and will document the outcome of the visits.
- The Foster/Adoptive Care Case Manager will have a good working relationship with the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Meets with Director of Permanency for a minimum of one hour bi-weekly to provide supervision.
- Participate in administrative supervision as requested.
- Responsible for meeting performance expectations including contract requirements, timelines , to ensure smooth paperwork flow.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled meetings, court hearings, consultations, and staff meetings, as required.
- Acquires and develops resources to meet identified needs of clients and staff.
- Provides positive feedback to clients and staff.
- Provides culturally relevant and sensitive services to clients and ensures staff do the same.
- Provides back up support to contract services as requested.
- Observes children for signs of abuse and /or neglect.
- Maintains working relationships and communications with DHHR, FFTA and other community partners.
- Understands contract requirements and work to improve contract specific outcomes.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and other educational functions as identified by the supervisor or agency director.
- Complete Essential Learning Core Competencies for Case Managers and annual courses according to agency schedule.
- Obtain 40 CEUs per year, including 20 by June 30. Obtain CEUs as required by licensure and maintain all licensure requirements.