Knight Point Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Specialist I
at Knight Point Systems
- Information Technology
Knight Point Systems (KPS), a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business, was founded in 2005 to address the IT and infrastructure challenges facing Federal government agencies. Since that time, KPS has established itself as one the fastest growing providers of technology and consulting services across Federal government, State and Local government, and commercial enterprises. Our staff maintain expertise spanning a wide spectrum of IT management, technology, and service solutions. We are repeatedly recognized as a “Best Place to Work” for maintaining an exceptional work environment for our employees. KPS is appraised at Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 and holds ISO 20000-1:2011 and ISO 27001:2013 certifications. Through KPS’ Horizon®, our customers are able to consume technology and services traditionally, cloud-enable their data centers on premises through our ‘as a Service’ offerings, or transition services off premises to KPS’ cloud environment.
Repeatedly recognized as an elite public sector IT provider, KPS has a well-documented history of dedication to its staff. We have been recognized as an exceptional work place by The Washington Post and Washington Business Journal and were named to Inc. Magazine’s definitive top 100 of America’s Strongest and Most Strategic Growth Firms. These accolades do not come by chance. They are the result of a company that takes stock in the working environment it creates and a corporate approach that is designed to care for, enhance, and appreciate every employee—which invariably translates into more competently-delivered, higher-value services for its clients.
KPS is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer. KPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KPS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
The Help Desk Technician I will accurately and efficiently process access requests sent through email, fax and the Remedy ticket tracking system. Must be a customer friendly, self-motivated, detailed oriented technician to perform access management for over 25 systems in a very fast paced environment. The Admin Services Technician should have some technical knowledge on operating systems, Microsoft applications and familiarity with databases. The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well independently as well as cohesively as part of a team. Candidates that possess an active A+ or Security+ certification will have priority consideration for this position.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or 1-4 years' experience.
- Ability to obtain various certifications required by the customer
- Demonstrated successful Customer Service experience
- Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to pass a federal background investigation
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Certifications such as A+ or Secuirty+ preferred
- Work with the Lead Admin Services Technician to process all system access requests accurately and efficiently in a 24 hour period.
- Receive calls and provide technical support.
- Attend meetings or events, assist with special projects, and perform other tasks as directed.
- Self-Starter, ability to comprehend various user guides to find answers
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
- Customer friendly
- Shows Professionalism at all times
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The shift hours will range from 0900 to 1830 Monday - Friday with occasional on call duty expected.
- Fast paced work environment
- Works in a cubicle with a phone, headset and computer