Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Solids Handling SME (Mechanical Engineer)
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
This position will report to the Mechanical Technology Manager (Charleston Operations)
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who can provide knowledge and expertise to support clients in the conceptual development and detail design of solids handling equipment. This individual will have accountability for providing technical direction and resolution to all solids handling issues for the Charleston Operations and will provide mentoring and guidance to mechanical engineering staff. Engineer will have or develop a strong knowledge of best practices, solids handling equipment providers, and a network of professional industry contacts to support clients in resolving solids handling issues. Engineer will use relevant calculation methods and good engineering judgment to troubleshoot existing operations as well as design new facilities. Additionally, this individual will use his current background and future learning to develop comprehensive, yet flexible work processes and corresponding toolset that will support the needs of multiple clients in the design of solids handling systems.
- Must possess strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, specifically those that relate to the transport, handling, and packaging of powders, solids, and slurries, including the ability to size and design various solids handling equipment (such as cyclones, silos and storage, pneumatic conveying systems, packaging systems, etc.)
- Must develop a network of equipment and technical expertise providers that enable us to provide efficient and effective guidance to solids handling design.
- Maintain and coordinate tools and software as necessary to facilitate our office being known as a leader in providing solids handling expertise.
- Develop oneself technically to resolve technical and operational issues in support of our clients.
- Be recognized by our clients as offering fundamentally sound advice on solids handling equipment.
- Ability to define, lead and coordinate solids handling designs, providing toolsets, training, and documentation packages to support various client's needs.
- Provide mentorship and training to engineers within the office, organizing development/training seminars as necessary
- Participate in committees, trade shows, and professional organizations to enhance development
- Work with Mechanical Department Manager to define execution strategies and manpower needs for designs that involve solids handling equipment
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 5 Years Minimum Experience
- Background, interest, and history in Solids Handling.
- Professional Engineer (or on path to get PE within 2 years)
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.