Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Relief Device SME (Process Engineer)
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
This individual will have accountability for providing technical direction and resolution to all PRD issues for the Charleston Operations and will provide mentoring and guidance to process engineers in sizing PRDs. Engineer will have or develop a strong knowledge of governing codes, regulations, and standards and actively participate in appropriate industry code committees to stay current on latest trends and interpretations. Individual will have a keen focus on defining and meeting client and code requirements cost effectively. Additionally, this individual will use his current background and future learning to develop a comprehensive, yet flexible PRD sizing work process and corresponding toolset that will support the needs of multiple clients and their ongoing plant operations.
- Must possess strong understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals and able to apply fundamentals in evaluating pressure relief scenarios, providing solid engineering design practices to PRD evaluations.
- Must understand or be willing to learn applicable codes and governing regulations regarding PRDs.
- Be fluent in sizing tools and software
- Develop oneself technically to be the technical PRD resource with accountability for resolving technical issues.
- Develop network with other technical experts, both within and external to the Operation, as necessary to resolve complicated PRD sizing efforts. `
- Ability to define, lead and coordinate a PRD program for the office, providing toolsets, training, and documentation packages to support various client's needs (from minimal deliverables for Code compliance to extensive documentation packages).
- Provide mentorship and training to engineers within the office, organizing development/training seminars as necessary
- Participate in PRD committees and professional organizations to enhance development
- Work with Process Department Manager to define execution strategies and manpower needs for extensive PRD efforts
- Coordinate and train GID resources in the processes and toolkits
- This position will report to the Process Technology Manager (Charleston Operations)
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 5 Years Minimum Experience
- Background, interest, and history in pressure relief device sizing.
- Professional Engineer (or on path to get PE within 2 years)