Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-Level Project Engineer
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The primary responsibility of the project engineer is to ensure the technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, accepted good engineering practices, Jacobs and our clients' work processes, project schedule and overall budget. Project engineer IV is typically assigned the responsibility of a large project or multiple small projects, and performs the work under the direction of project manager. It is an administrative position requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the coordination of the various aspects of a project operation.
- Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a small project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit
- Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
- Supervises the engineering activity on a relative small size project or designated portions of a larger project
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and TIC estimating processes
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Understands engineering estimate basis
- Understands contractual requirements for the project
- BS or MS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 8 years' of related experience in engineering
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred
- Familiarity with Engineering codes and standards required
- Advanced level knowledge of computer applications and other engineering tools required
- Keen safety awareness
- Excellent oral written communication
- Strong communication & interpersonal conflict resolution skills
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.