Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Piping Designer
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
This is a lead level Piping Designer role. The Piping Designer has complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Accomplish results through teaming with lower-level experienced exempt employees.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving sequence of related operations.
- Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of moderate importance.
- Design components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to gather information, make studies, perform calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications.
- 8 years of piping experience or drafting/design related course work is required BS degree reduces experience required by 1 years
- Experience with using 2D/3D software such as AutoCad or Microstation is required
- Good communication skills is required
- Understand piping layouts and field drawings is required
- Experience in developing estimates and schedules, leading a piping design team executing multiple small projects, interfacing with other disciplines and other offices, evaluating progress and early identification of potential problems is preferred
- Field experience and experience in developing turnaround packages and providing turnaround support is preferred
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
- Previous safety awareness training is preferred
- Experience in other applications such as PDMS, Cadworx and Optiplant are a plus
- Normally requires a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience
At Worley, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Worley.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.