Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer with SCADA experience
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Senior electrical engineer position that independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work is performed with minimal supervision and has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Carry out the responsibilities of a Lead Engineer on small to medium sized projects or Area Lead on large sized projects or provide technical support / leadership on a project. Promote workshare execution
- Perform studies and develop scope of work and execution of the engineering work
- Coordinate project electrical activities with a utility and other disciplines for their area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain electrical project schedule, progress reports and cost estimates. Execute change management process
- Interface with design group to monitor and control project schedule, electrical hours and electrical cost for their area of responsibility
- Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project and review design for logic and functionality
- Perform design of plant distribution system including protection scheme.
- Develop detailed electrical specifications for the project. Inquire, evaluate and prepare purchase requisition of electrical equipment and sub-contracts
- Perform relay protection and coordination studies. Perform / witness test at factory / site for all major electrical equipment
- Define and develop the work share scope of work and execute effectively the work as per project requirements
- Perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 7-9 years' experience with specifications, engineering, design, construction and start-up for low and medium voltage plant distribution systems with EPC consulting firms for small to large oil & gas related projects or power plant projects is required
- SCADA knowledgeable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.