Community Engagement Coordinator
Our client is looking for a person who is very customer focused, dependable, enjoys teamwork, great time management and reporting skills, enjoys inventory control and displays documentation skills.
The Mountaineer Country Tourism Coordinator coordinates tourism related services between Preston County and Taylor County which includes disseminating tourism information, generates and collects tourism leads throughout Mountaineer Country, and acts as the liaison to the Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau main office.
- Visit Preston and Taylor County tourism destinations and outlets to assess their tourism needs and distribute and stock tourism materials.
- Attend community organizations’ meetings to represent and be a tourism liaison for the Mountaineer Country region.
- Staff and operate the Preston County Visitor Center and Taylor County outlets according to GMCVB customer service and operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout and personnel requirements.
- Locate, compile and communicate updated tourism information to the GMCVB (i.e. GMCVB website, events, visitor guide, state website, Preston and Taylor County information).
- Actively prospect, generate and engage tourism leads.
- Assist with special events planning and staff Visitor Center welcome tables to generate tourism leads at community events.
- Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars and other basic office support software.
- Exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and result impacting Visitor Center, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- Coordinate and implement general office services such as appointment-setting, records control and other administrative activities.
- High School diploma or GED (1 year college or equivalent work experience preferred).
- Demonstrate a cheerful, positive attitude and exceptional hospitality to all tourism partners and guests.
- Some distribution supply experience preferred.
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, (CRM) systems, and relational database and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Maintain good a driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law