Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Utility Apprentice
All applicants for this position need to complete an assessment through the Workforce West Virginia Career Center in Huntington, WV. Please contact them at (304) 528-5525 to schedule an appointment for this assessment.
Scope: Apprentice to qualified operators in a chemical processing facility. Under guidance of qualified operators, perform non-technical duties in operating areas such as basic chemical processing, equipment cleaning/housekeeping, and laboratory analysis.
- Assist operating personnel as directed by Shift or Shipping Supervisor while working in a team environment.
- Exhibit behaviors demonstrating knowledge.
- Adhere to all plant safety and regulatory policies while performing required work.
- Successfully complete a 120-day evaluation period and complete required test based on generally accepted skill measuring techniques.
- High school education or equivalency (GED) required. Associates degree (Applied Science in Engineering Technology- Manufacturing Option or Applied Process Technologies- Chemical Operator Option or related degree), plus 1-2 years of chemical manufacturing experience or combination of education and experience preferred.
- Able to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Ability to regularly move and/or lift up to 60 lbs, wear appropriate PPE, and climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Computer literate; working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Interpret and use of paperwork/forms encountered on the job.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an industrial or chemical manufacturing environment (Chemical manufacturing preferred). 2-5 years of progressive experience in maintenance or chemical operations preferred.
- Understanding of basic mechanical and/or chemical concepts and safety.
- Strong environmental, health, and safety (EHS) cultural awareness.
- Experience understanding and fulfilling instructions in written, verbal, and/or diagram form.
- Fork truck operation certification preferred.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control laws and regulations.