Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- IT Project Management Office
at Huntington Hospital
IT Project Management Office
The Director of Operational Performance Excellence/Program Management is the primary person responsible for the management of the Enterprise Program/Project Management Office and related operational performance excellence activity. Leads an experienced team comprised of Project Managers and may also include performance improvement specialists consistent with Lean and other best practices to ensure that the strategic initiatives of Huntington Hospital (HH) are accomplished. Ensures the organization develops practical project management methodologies and operational performance improvement tools and methodologies to assist with the organization of HH's project work.
Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Project Management, Healthcare, Engineering, or other relevant field. Master's Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Lean Six Sigma or Health Care Administration preferred.
• Minimum Five or more years of performance improvement including program/project management experience managing large complex projects or 5 years' experience coaching, teaching, and/or applying Lean performance improvement in transactional environments.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of project, program and portfolio management, experience working with productivity and methodology tools such as MS Project Professional & Project Server, experience working with scope control procedures and change-in-scope management, experience with planning, budgeting and reporting large scale projects or in-depth experience with other project management disciplines such as Lean, scrum, agile, or applying Constraints management
• Team facilitation, knowledge management, change management, project management, quality management systems experience
• Experience leading people (direct and indirect leadership roles); demonstrated people development results
• TRIZ experience with advanced statistical analysis, change management, and legacy quality tools such as PDCA preferred
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Experience with process improvement and reengineering, curriculum design, software development methods and quality assurance, user interface and systems design, new product development processes (NPD), and stage-gate processes preferred
Project or Program Management Professional Certification required. Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
• Proven ability to apply industry standard project management tools, techniques, and methodologies at multiple levels, both internal and external to the organization
• Knowledge and utilization of systems thinking methodologies, business and management principles involved in strategic planning, budgets, financial metrics, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination and timing of people and resources
• Strong analytical skills, knowledge of computer systems, and ability to manage multiple projects (high impact/high visibility, strategic, and cross organization)
• Effective planning and organization skills including the proven ability to work on multiple objectives simultaneously
• Extensive process modeling experience
• Superior analytical, root-cause, and problem-solving skills
• Must have exemplary interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with those from diverse backgrounds, as well as those in senior leadership levels in the organization.
• Ability to define problems, identify complex variables in situations with limited standardization processes, and work towards solutions.
• Ability to present data in various formats, and various forums to varied audiences