Horizon Goodwill Industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodial Supervisor (PT)
at Horizon Goodwill Industries
1. Provide training and leadership to assigned crew members in the performance of cleaning tasks, including but not limited to: dusting, sweeping/vacuuming, trash removal, wet and dry mopping, restroom cleaning, disinfection, and glass cleaning.
2. Perform daily quality assurance inspections of assigned work areas to ensure that cleaning is being completed in accordance with contract specifications and HGI’s standards of cleaning.
3. Regularly interact with customer regarding crew performance and schedules; communicate to manager any concerns that cannot immediately be resolved.
4. Manage equipment and supply levels and forward supply and equipment orders to immediate supervisor for assigned sites.
5. Verify and coordinate schedules and report time worked for custodians, enter and approve time for payroll processing.
6. Perform cleaning tasks as required.
7. Assist with periodical work such as, but not limited to: stripping and waxing of floors, carpet cleaning, and window washing.
8. Transport employees to assigned locations using company vehicles.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds with assistance over fifty (50) lbs. and always using lifting belt correctly.
2. Capable of working on feet for long periods of time.
3. Ability to lift and move up and down stairs.
4. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to employees and customers.
5. Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to train staff in proper chemical usage and techniques of: restroom cleaning and disinfection, trash removal, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, carpet cleaning, stripping, waxing, window washing.
6. Knowledge of current trends and practices in the usage and upkeep of light and heavy custodial equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, carpet extractors, steam cleaners, microfiber cloths and wet and dry mops.
7. Ability to provide motivation, leadership, and supervision.
8. Knowledge of cleaning supplies/chemicals and their Material Safety Data Sheets.
9. Ability to understand, communicate, and enforce HGI’s policies and procedures.
10. Ability to relate to and have an understanding of the needs of disabled and/or disadvantaged individuals.
11. Knowledge of relevant workplace safety practices, proper use and storage of cleaning supplies/chemicals and associated Safety Data Sheets (OSHA HazCom), Blood Borne Pathogens, etc.
12. Basic computer literacy with experience in word processing, email, and web applications
13. Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
1. The successful candidate must be able to successfully pass a drug test and multiple background investigations, potentially including (but not limited to): criminal, motor vehicle, firearms, and credit checks for access to job sites.
2. Position is considered essential personnel and will be required to report to work in inclement weather.
3. Must have valid driver’s license and ability to get to job site and to other sites as needed.