Harrison County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Staff Nurse/RN
at Harrison County Schools
For substititute nurses we can accept an
Associatae Degree and you do not have to
be currently certified.
TITLE: Staff Nurse (Health Services)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: -Current/valid state license to practice a registered professional nurse
-Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science Degree
-School Nurse authorization/certification endorsement
for the West Virginia State Department of Education
-Three years of experience in nursing practice or three
years precious school health experience
-Current school nurse certification preferred
-Such alternatives to the qualifications as the
superintendent and the Board may find appropriate
-In addition to the above criteria the applicant will be
evaluated on her/his ability to respond to practical
situations related to the specific requirements of the
posted position. This evaluation will occur during the
interview and throughout the selection process
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Health Services
SELECTION: The position is filled by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools
SALARY AND Salary – as established by the Board
EMPLOYMENT: 200 day employment term
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive school health program in the school setting.
- Enforce appropriate immunization guidelines for all students according to West Virginia Code 16-3-4.
- Assist with health and screening programs as mandated by West Virginia Code 18-5-22.
- Assist in the implementation of West Virginia Department of Education Policy 242.4 School nurses and Specialized Health Procedures.
- Participate as a health specialist on the education evaluation team to help develop the Individual Educational Plan (IEP).
- Develop and implement health care plans for specialized health care procedures.
- Perform specialized health care procedures as necessary
Page 1 of 2
Staff Nurse (Health Services)
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provide inservice education material and direct instruction to aides and teachers on special technical procedures necessary to provide care to specific children.
- Train school personnel in Basic and Specialized Health Care Procedures where appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate health records on all students
- Participate in select in-class health education classes.
- Initiate referral of students when necessary to appropriate community health resources.
- Focus on prevention of illness and disabilities and early detection and correction of health problems.
- Identify health-related barriers to the learning process and provide assistance when necessary to protect each child.
- Provide special specific communication updates on health issues or health alerts to appropriate students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Work as a health specialist and resource person for the children, their families, teachers and administrators working with the children.
- Serve as a liaison on health issues between the child’s home, school and community.
- Assist in surveillance, detection and control of contagious diseases.
- Work closely with the local health department and medical community to stay abreast of health issues.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality of information that insures the privacy rights of individuals.
- Provide quality health care to the students while in school.
- Provide health services to school personnel as time permits.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills by attending inservice or education programs.
- Perform such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the superintendent or immediate supervisor may from time to time, assign.
Revised: October 1990
Revised: February 18, 2003 Page 2 of 2
Job Contact Information
|Title||Lead Staff Nurse|
Friday, October 5, 2018 12:00 AM -
Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:59 PM
(Eastern Standard Time)