Harrison County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harrison County Schools
TITLE: Custodian I
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Personnel employed to keep building clean and free of refuse.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal, Custodian IV, and Custodian Foreman
SELECTION: The position is filled by the Harrison County Board of Education upon the recommendation of Superintendent of Schools.
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT Salary based on service personnel’s salary schedule
TERM: Employment term 200 days
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Unlock all necessary exit doors at beginning of school day and lock same to secure building at close of day.
- Clean both the internal and external building area so as to alleviate dust, dirt, trash or other debris.
- Arrange furniture in classrooms and offices in a neat arrangement and satisfactory to teachers.
- Clean and disinfect toilets, water fountains and shower rooms daily and more frequently if needed to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Maintain a program of minor maintenance to the extent that time and ability will allow.
- Clean chalkboards and dust erasers at least once per week.
- Report needed building repairs as well as items of preventative maintenance nature to Custodian IV.
- Remove snow and ice from walkways, steps and other access areas to building.
- Scrub and wax floors at least twice per year.
- Wash windows both inside and outside twice per year.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as the Superintendent or immediate supervisor may from time to time, assign.
Revised August 30, 1984
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:00 AM -
Wednesday, January 1, 2020 11:59 PM
(Eastern Standard Time)