Harrison County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Bus Operator
at Harrison County Schools
TITLE: Bus Operator
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: Personnel employed to operate school
buses and other school transportation
vehicles as provided by the state board of
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Transportation Director and Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Bus Aide
SELECTION: The position is filled by the Board of
Education upon recommendation of the
Superintendent of Schools.
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT Salary - Based on service personnel’s
TERM: salary schedule.
200 day employment term.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Obeys all traffic laws.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
4. Reports undiscipline when students are on the bus.
5. Keeps assigned bus clean.
6. Keeps to assigned schedule.
7. Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
8. Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
9. Discharges students only at authorized stops.
10. Exercises responsible leadership when on extra-curricular school trips.
11. Transports only authorized students.
12. Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
13. Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
14. Uses tire chains when roads are icy; must be able to put chains on own bus.
15. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the
Superintendent or immediate supervisor may from time to time, assign.
Revised: August 20, 1984
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 2, 2018 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:59 PM
(Eastern Standard Time)