Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician - Beckley, WV
at Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited.
United States/Field based
# of Openings:
As a global leader in cash technology solutions, we provide the financial, retail, cash center and gaming industries with confidence that their cash is protected and always working to help build a stronger business.
Our cash automation technologies and process engineering services help businesses in more than 100 countries optimize the handling, movement and management of cash. While we span the globe, we personally engage with each customer to address their unique challenges and goals; enhancing staff efficiency, reducing operating costs and enabling a more rewarding customer experience.
We offer peace of mind. We enable transformation. We generate options. We empower people. We do all this by releasing companies from the burden of cash management, putting cash to work, and helping customers enhance the value that their staff and facilities add to their business.
As a Field Service Technician, you are the face of Glory Global Solutions. You will be responsible for the direct management of all aspects of total customer service and care with our clients. You will work independently to troubleshoot and repair a variety of high speed cash-handling equipment; tracking and management of parts/tools; and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of Glory Global Solutions equipment.
While some computer knowledge is required, this position is focused electro-mechanical repair. The ideal candidate may possess some PC knowledge. However, this position is not intended for IT or help desk professionals.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You enjoy interacting with people and providing good customer service.
- You consider yourself mechanically inclined and a fast learner.
- You have great communication skills and can effectively convey information.
- You are conscientious. You take the time to insure that your work is done right.
- You enjoy working with minimal supervision. You are confident in your ability to prioritize and make critical decisions.
- You are driven and motivated to make a meaningful impact in your role.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Diagnose system problems and make repairs
- Keep customer apprised of progress during maintenance or a down system situation
- Document system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log
- Gather and record machine information to monitor performance
- Complete machine installations, Engineering Change Notices that affect system upgrades, and Hardware /Software upgrades that may require technical assistance
- Make recommendations for improving the service, reliability, and performance of our equipment
- Escalate difficult technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules and implement according to company specifications
- Any other job responsibilities as assigned within scope of position
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in or completed professional studies in electro-mechanics, electrical engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Certificates in related fields, i.e. mechanics, electronics, automation, data processing preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skill
- Working knowledge of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication
- Logical trouble shooting skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level
- Ability to effectively work with electric schematics, logic diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of AC/DC power distribution and digital/analog circuitry
- Trained in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical machines
- Experience repairing high-speed paper handling machines such as check sorters, mail sorters, currency sorters; ATM’s or copier machines experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of technical field service repair experience preferred, i.e. aviation, medical equipment, vending machine repair, and/or military repair experience
- Hold a Valid Driver’s License
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A company van is provided and you will drive from your home daily to our customer sites. Therefore, it is critical that you live within a reasonable commute from the assigned territory
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist
- Must be able to work at all of our customer sites as needed including financial institutions, casinos (gaming licensing may be required after the time of hire), truck stops, recreational parks, retail stores etc.
- Ability to work weekends and/or holidays on a rotational basis to accommodate business needs
- Must be available for on call on some weekends and 24/7 if necessary
- Occasional travel outside your assigned territory including air and overnight travel may be necessary
- Ability to accommodate limited accessibility at a job site
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
The Glory Spirits & Behaviors reflect the values and behaviors that are critical to the ongoing success of Glory and as such represent the foundations of our behavior globally to lead us to realize our mission:
Value Creation - strive to create value for customers
Self-Starter - understand the objectives of your own work and are proactive in achieving goals
Collaboration - respect diversity and create a culture of collaboration to work with each other to achieve a common goal
Integrity - understand Glory’s mission and act with responsibility and pride to realize achievement and act and behave with high integrity and a strong sense of ethics
Own Growth - leverage our own talent and achieve personal development by adopting a broader perspective; looking beyond our own work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / An E-Verify Employer
It is the policy of Glory Global Solutions, Inc. to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law governing the Glory Global Solutions, Inc. location to which this application is submitted. Glory endeavors to be accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (800) 227-2646.
Third Party Agencies
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted by Glory. Should an agency choose to send unsolicited resumes, Glory reserves the right to review such resumes but will not be held liable for any fees/charges associated with a candidate hire except where a formal written agreement is in place between Glory and the Agency to source candidates for a specific role.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, squat, sit, and twist. The ability to read, complete simple math calculations, and withstand moderate amounts of stress are important in achieving job objectives.