Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Team Leader - Cardiopulmonary
at Kindred at Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Clinical Team Lead Nursing/Rehab you will provide specialty-specific clinical leadership and development of the nurse/ therapy clinical associates for the purpose of assisting the Area Specialties Director in maintaining clinical integrity.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Directs and provides care/services (Greater than 75% Productive). Develops/implements patient plans of care, abides by physician protocols as indicated for Specialty patients within scope of practice. Performs admissions screening, clinical assessment/evaluation, and interventions. Provides case management and follow up, to ensure care plan stated outcomes are achieved. Participates in on-call as applicable.
- Leads specialty-focused clinical skills labs, performs ride-alongs, skills demonstration, skills assessment/validation in lab and home setting.
- Conducts/facilitates specialty-focused record reviews. Provides on-going, specialty-specific, evidence-aligned clinical coaching related to evaluation/assessment, care planning/coordination, intervention delivery, patient experience and “outcome”.
- Collaborates with MCP/QA to monitor/validate accurate and timely documentation/input of SOC & Discharge specialty-specific tests/measures by product code (administration/interpretation, specific interventions/progression). Reviews location and clinician-specific tests/measure change scores (MDC/MCID where applicable) and follows up with Area Specialties Director and as indicated with individual clinicians.
- Collaborates with MCP/QA to facilitate specialty-specific discussion/problem-solving during Case Conference. Available as subject matter expert/resource to address clinical questions and provides ongoing support for advanced clinical decision-making to team members.
- Maintains the integrity of specialty program tenets in concert with operational policies.
- Assists in the development of the Clinical Associates providing care within the specialty to include; ride alongs, facilitation of clinical labs, provision of in-services, orientation activities, documentation review and assessment of clinical indicators and metrics. Ensures compliance with standards/company policies/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Coaches clinical associates and identifies and makes recommendation for additional training for individual clinical associates as needed. Participates in implementation of training plans in coordination with Rehab Director and Manager – Clinical Practice.
- Recommends clinical associates to the Specialty Director, Rehab Director and Manager – Clinical Practice to provide services.
- Assists in the direction of provision of services to include working with the RN clinical manager to ensure appropriate protocol use where applicable. Collaborates with RN clinical manager to help manage the relationships between service demands and availability of Specialty credentialed staff.
- Works collaboratively to ensure patient needs are identified and qualified caregivers are assigned to all cases within their scope of practice. Provides counsel in the interpretation of nursing/therapy standards and Company policies and procedures to all levels of caregiver staff.
- Participates in retention of clinical associates by providing mentoring, opportunities for skill enhancement and team building.
- Assists Sales team with Clinical review of Specialty for customers or any other related marketing duties, including meeting with potential customers to develop relationships. Participates in professional organizations.
- Maintains current/ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provides interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff. Participates in “train the trainer” opportunities related to Specialty practices and new clinical developments as an opportunity for self-development and to support growth of Specialties as required.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in performance improvement, special clinical projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited program. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience in specialty area.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as an RN or PT required in at least one state they are supporting.
- Current CPR certification also required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of home health agency regulations/administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, decision making, leadership, presentation and communication skills are necessary for optimal role-fulfillment and therefore strongly preferred.