General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video Teleconference Technician
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
***Only applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply***
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking an Audio Visual (A/V) Support Service Desk Technician to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC. In this position, you will support the A/V Engineering and Installation Team maintaining and troubleshooting A/V display and A/V management systems for defined single- and multi-room areas as well as for single and multiple sites.
The A/V Support Helpdesk Technician will install A/V systems, troubleshoot A/V systems and components, and performing other lifecycle support activities in accordance with customer standards. The A/V Support Service Desk Technician will . Requirements to perform the work apply to both unclassified and classified processing environments up to and including the SCI level.
Responsibilities for the A/V Support Service Desk Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting A/V systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, networking, server, operating systems, and terminology.
- Interaction with other vendors in a professional manner to support demonstrations, meetings, and other technical venues as requested to meet meeting or venue objectives.
- Perform site surveys in support of new A/V system installations.
- Coordinate and perform on-site assessments of existing A/V systems to verify configurations, support documentation, available resources, and environment constraints.
- Deploy systems that comply with established customer and other industry best practices.
- Repair or replace A/V systems and provide support for installing systems as required.
- Troubleshoot A/V systems and provide support for continuous operation of A/V systems as required.
- Review, update, and manage information in standard repositories. Information repositories may include, but are not limited to, property management, standard product lists, and SharePoint lists.
Minimum/General Experience: Must have at least 3 years’ related experience in service desk, network, or A/V support. An Associate degree is desired. Also requires knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support as well as modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software. Knowledge of Creston is a plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.